Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm Really Here!!

Hi everyone! Can you believe it! I actually exist and even have several pictures to show you!!!

I spent the first three months of the year working on a model piece for a company (not using their name so this doesn't show up if googled). This piece was a real pain in my side to say the least. They were so worried about having any fabric showing through the stitches that I nearly got an ulcer from worry. The fabric was so uneven it was very difficult to get good coverage. I took my piece to my local LNS that Ann of R & R Reproductions owns to show her how awful it was. Ann, in her infinite wisdom, was able to tell me what was wrong with it...they dyed it using hot water and a lot of the fibers had shrunk. Well, I finally finished the piece and was so relieved to get it in the mail. So, after complaining so much on the PALS message board, I thought I would show you what it looked like (I will post it there too)...

I have dubbed them "The Bunnies"... here are some close ups of them.






The left bunny.....















The right bunny.....








They are the cutest things and I would love to stitch them for myself in the future......the very distant future!

My local LNS, Dyeing to Stitch, hosted a silk gauze class taught by Pat Ryan. It was a blast. It was the first time I had been to a class there and the women were wonderful. So much fun!! I even found out that my neighbor across the road is an avid stitcher and is always at the store. The piece I chose to stitch is called Happy New Year and was designed by Erica Michaels.


I am quite pleased with the results and am really looking forward to doing some more in the future. Although, I will definitely need to get some reading glasses before then. Working on 40ct silk gauze over one is REALLY hard on the eyes.

After mailing that annoying model back, I really needed to work on a piece for myself. The same day I mailed my model piece in, I found out that my grandmother has very advanced breast cancer. While at Myrtle Beach this past year, I picked up a piece designed by Louise Henderson of Cherished Designs called Charlotte's Sampler. It is a gorgeous Quaker piece in memory of breast cancer. My plan is to eventually stitch one, not only for myself, but also for my mom & aunts. Here is the progress I was able to complete in about 5 days.
Next, I decided it was about time to start working on my Up for a Challenge list. I would love to finish all of my WIP/UFOs this year so I can start all kinds of new projects next year. The first up on the list is Sam's Socks. This is what I have accomplished as of yesterday...

I was able to finish both legs of the pants, the shoes, the boxers and the sock this past week. I love stitching on this piece. It is truly fun. I'm hoping that I will be able to finish this the next time I pick it up.
I am now working on a piece for Diane. I will be working on it this week and will have an update picture next week.
I have really missed blogging and will try to make sure I have the time to post. This will be a very busy, trying and difficult year, but I will be sure to keep all of my stitching friends in the loop!!!
Happy Stitching!!!
Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment